Wheel Throwing ( project 2 )









When you watch people wheel throw it looks pretty easy, and you might think you can make something cool on your first or second try. That is what I thought, and I found out I was very wrong. When wheel throwing, the first thing you have to do is center your clay. The first few times I attempted this I did not know what I was trying to do or how to do it. This simple task took me a while to figure out, but by the my third day of throwing I became pretty good at it. After centering you have to make your blob into a bowl (or something else) by making a hole in the top. This part always started out good for me, but as I stated to try and play with it to get the right shape it would get tricky. In my maroon pot, The swivel design happened by mistake when I messed up on trying to make the pot wider. Also, my elephant earring try was a large pot but when I was trying to fix the shape I broke the whole top half off. My blue pot is a little lopsided, but after the first two I did not want to play with it too much and destroy it. My pink pot is my favorite because I actually made what I wanted to for the first time. Overall I am very pleased with how my wheel throwing projects turned out. 

Comments